Is there any difference between CNC machining center and CNC lathe? Are you still confused between CNC machining center and CNC lathe? Although CNC machining center and CNC lathe are mechanical equipment, there are differences between them. CNC machining center and CNC lathe are different in many places, and their functions and advantages are also different. Does it sound that CNC machining center has a more advanced sense? Indeed, there are many differences between CNC machining center and CNC lathe. Today, let’s talk about “is there any difference between CNC machining center and CNC lathe”.
1. The common point between CNC machining center and CNC lathe is to install CNC system on ordinary machine tools.
2. The lathe equipped with numerical control system is called numerical control lathe, and the milling machine equipped with numerical control system is called numerical control milling machine.
3. CNC machining center: the tool magazine is installed on the CNC milling machine, which is called machining center.
CNC machining centers and CNC lathes have in common that they are equipped with CNC systems on ordinary machine tools. Lathes equipped with CNC systems are called CNC lathes, milling machines equipped with CNC systems are called CNC milling machines, and tool libraries are installed on CNC milling machines, which is called machining centers.
1. Difference in processing range: CNC machining center is used to process some curved surfaces and grooves, and the processing range is wider, such as box parts, special-shaped parts, plate parts, etc. CNC lathe is used to process rotary parts, and the processing objects include cylinder, cone, etc.
2. Difference in the number of axes: CNC machining centers are controlled by at least three axes, and some also have four axes and five axes. CNC lathes have only two axes.
3. Difference of tool magazine: CNC machining center is equipped with tool magazine, and CNC lathe does not have tool magazine.
4. Process difference: Since the CNC machining center has its own tool magazine, the tool can be changed automatically to realize multi process machining. The CNC lathe does not have its own tool magazine and can only complete one process.
5. Programming difference: The basic programming code is the same, and some special instructions are not common.
The function of CNC machining center is much greater than that of CNC lathe. If the parts you process are complex, it is recommended to choose CNC machining center.