CNC Machining in PTFE/Teflon – What is PTFE Plastic?
The mechanical properties allow PTFE CNC machining to be used in the production of Teflon machined parts for broad usages across different industries. What is PTFE plastic or Teflon?
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a versatile engineering plastic and synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene with outstanding performance and properties. Teflon is a brand name of PTFE material. Polytetrafluoroethylene is a fluorocarbon solid, which is a polymer compound composed of carbon and fluorine. PTFE is hydrophobic, and neither water nor aqueous substances will wet it. The most typical application of PTFE is the nonstick coating of pots and other cooking utensils, and it is often used in containers and pipes with active and corrosive chemicals. When PTFE is used as a lubricant due to the incredibly low friction, it can reduce friction, wear and machine energy consumption. It is usually used as a graft material in surgery. PTFE CNC machining services are one of the most common ways to manufacture Teflon parts, as the PTFE material is easily machinable based on its softness and density, as well as great thermal stability also assists CNC processing.
Benefits of PTFE Plastic
- High-temperature resistance: operating temperature up to 250 ℃.
- Low-temperature resistance: retain the elongation of 5% even if the temperature drops to – 196 ℃.
- Corrosion resistance: resistant to strong acids, alkalis, water, and various organic solvents.
- Weather resistance: best aging life of plastics.
- High lubrication: the lowest friction coefficient among solid materials.
- Non-adhesion: does not adhere to any substance.
- No toxicity: can be implanted into the body as artificial blood vessels and organs for a long time without adverse reactions.
PTFE CNC Machining Services – Custom Teflon Machined Parts Manufacturer & Company
PTFE products are in demand due to their popularity in the cookware and medical industry, Junying is a China top Teflon CNC machining company that fabricates quality PTFE machined parts as your request. We can provide cost-effective solutions for industries ranging from medical, chemical, oil & gas, electronics, construction, and more. PTFE materials include unfilled grade PTFE, glass-filled PTFE, bearing grade PTFE, reprocessed PTFE, and more options. The fabrication process will have an impact on the performance of the Teflon parts. CNC manufacturing usually works with solid PTFE and is often used to make industrial components including gears, valves, bushes, manifolds, insulators, and fittings. Junying has years of experience in precision machining and always keeps up with the most advanced processing technique and equipment, our purpose is to employ the optimal tools and parameters during the CNC PTFE machining and get the best surface finishes and tolerances of Teflon machined parts effectively.
Properties and Applications of Machined Teflon/PTFE
PTFE material is mainly used for laying wires such as connecting wires, and coaxial cables in aerospace and computer fields. Machined Teflon has excellent dielectric properties, which is very suitable for connector components at high RF and PCB (printed circuit board) insulation at microwave frequency. Due to its high melting point, it has become a high-performance substitute for polyethylene in low-cost applications. In industrial applications, due to its low friction, PTFE is used in sliding bearings, gears, sliding plates, seals, washers, bushings, and more occasions with sliding parts. Its performance is better than acetal and nylon. Its high volume resistivity makes it an ideal material for manufacturing long-life electrets. PTFE plastic is also widely used in the production of carbon fiber composites and glass fiber composites, especially in the aerospace industry. Because of its low reactivity and high-temperature resistance, it is usually used as the lining of hose assemblies, expansion joints, and industrial pipelines. Machined PTFE often appears in musical instrument lubrication products, the most common is valve lubricating oil.
Why Choose Junying CNC PTFE/Teflon Machining?
- Custom machined and fabricated parts based on your drawing or requirements
- Deliver PTFE/Teflon components with high complexity or for critical uses
- Take each step carefully to ensure the quality, dimension, and function
- Help customers optimize product designs and overcome processing challenges
- Keep close communication with customers throughout the entire process
- Efficient management to shorten lead time and ensure fast delivery