CNC turning and milling parts are a type of CNC machining parts. CNC turning and milling parts use cylindrical cutting tools that can rotate in different directions. The turret of the tool with CNC turning and milling parts are programmed to move to the raw material bar and remove the material to generate the programming result. CNC turning and milling parts also have the ability to create various shapes, grooves, holes, and other necessary indentations. Now check this guide to learn the advantages, functions, and applications of CNC turning and milling parts.
– Accuracy: For many companies, the accuracy of CNC turning and milling parts is one of their most competitive advantages. By incorporating CAD or cam files into the process, the machine can perform rigorous measurements and eliminate the waste of natural and human errors. Whether it is the production prototype or the whole production process, the use of advanced CNC turning and milling parts can provide high accuracy.
– Flexibility: Flexibility is another advantage of CNC turning and milling parts. CNC turning and milling parts have a variety of dimensional functions, which can meet the flexibility of various applications. Because the tasks performed by CNC turning and milling parts are programmed, the changes are relatively simple. By accessing the keyboard, the machine operator can complete the company’s components and then make appropriate programming changes to produce something completely different.
– Repeatability: CNC turning and milling parts can provide excellent repeatability through batch production with unparalleled accuracy. The company can maximize production and reduce losses.
– Safety: CNC turning and milling parts are automatic, which means that the operator is present but not on the machine, which can reduce the labor intensity. At the same time, the vehicle body adopts fully enclosed or semi enclosed protective devices to prevent the processing products from flying debris and reduce the injury to personnel.
– Point control of CNC turning and milling parts: Point control of CNC turning and milling parts is mainly used for hole processing of workpieces, such as central drilling positioning, drilling, reaming and boring.
– Continuous control of CNC turning and milling parts: Milling the plane and surface of the workpiece through linear interpolation, arc interpolation or complex curve interpolation of CNC turning and milling parts.
– Tool radius compensation for CNC turning and milling parts: If the workpiece contour line is directly programmed, the actual contour line will increase by a tool radius value when machining the inner contour of the workpiece. When machining the outer contour of the workpiece, the actual contour line will be reduced by one tool radius value. CNC turning and milling parts use the tool radius compensation method to automatically calculate the tool center trajectory, so that the tool center and the workpiece contour deviate from the tool radius value, and process the contour that meets the drawing requirements.
Due to technological progress, CNC turning and milling parts are rapidly replacing some older and more traditional production lathes, such as multi spindle. CNC turning and milling parts have many advantages. They can be easily set up and operated. CNC turning and milling parts have high repeatability and first-class accuracy in production.
Due to the automation of CNC turning and milling parts, its application has been extended to different industrial fields, such as wind power generation, aerospace and even railway.
Aerospace industry has a long history of CNC turning and milling parts. Metal aircraft parts can be processed with high precision, which is critical for safety critical applications. A variety of Engineering metals compatible with CNC turning and milling parts provide aerospace engineers with many choices.
The automotive industry often uses CNC turning and milling to process parts in prototype manufacturing and production. The extruded metal can be processed into gas cylinder, gear box, valve, shaft and other various parts, while the plastic can be processed into instrument panel, gas meter and other components. CNC turning and milling parts can also be used to create one-time customized auto parts, and even replaceable parts, because of the short turnaround time and no minimum required number of parts.