CNC machine is widely used in machining because of its high precision, high efficiency, and the ability to adapt to the processing of small batch and many kinds of complex parts. To sum up, CNC machining has the following advantages and characteristics.
1. High precision
(1) The structure of CNC machine has high rigidity and thermal stability, and measures to reduce the error are taken. With the error can also be compensated by the numerical control device, so CNC machine has higher machining accuracy.
(2) The transmission system of CNC machine adopts ball screw without clearance, rolling guide, zero clearance gear mechanism, which greatly improves the transmission stiffness, transmission accuracy and repetition accuracy of the machine tool. Advanced CNC machine adopts linear motor technology, so that the mechanical transmission error of the machine is zero.
(3) The error compensation function of CNC system eliminates the system error.
(4) CNC machine is automatic processing, eliminate human error, improve the consistency of the same batch of parts processing size, processing quality is stable. One time installation can carry out continuous processing of multiple processes, reducing the installation error.
2. Be able to process complex parts
CNC machine with more than two axes linkage can process the parts with curve generatrix, cam and various complex space curved surface, and can complete the processing difficult to be completed by ordinary machine tools. For example, marine propeller is a complex part with curved surface, which can only be machined by end milling cutter and five axis linkage horizontal CNC machine.
3. High productivity
(1) Save auxiliary time. CNC machines are equipped with automatic tool changing mechanisms such as turret and tool magazine. Manipulator can automatically load and unload tools and workpieces, greatly saving auxiliary time. No inspection is needed in the production process to save inspection time. When the CNC machining parts change, in addition to re clamping the workpiece and changing the tool, only need to change the program, save the preparation and adjustment time. Compared with ordinary machine, the productivity of CNC machine can be increased by 2 ~ 3 times, and the productivity of CNC machining center can be increased by more than ten times to dozens of times.
(2) Increase feed rate. CNC machine can effectively save the time of maneuver, move quickly, shorten the time of empty stroke, and have a large range of feed. It can effectively select reasonable cutting parameters.
(3) High speed cutting is adopted. In order to improve the cutting efficiency, small diameter tool, small cutting depth, small cutting width and fast multiple feed are used in CNC machining. The cutting force of high speed machining is greatly reduced, and the required spindle torque is correspondingly reduced. The deformation of the workpiece is also small. High speed cutting not only improves productivity, but also improves machining accuracy and reduces surface roughness.
1. Strong adaptability
CNC machine can adapt to different kinds, specifications and sizes of workpiece processing. When changing the machining parts, only the general fixture is used to clamp the workpiece, change the tool and change the processing procedure, and then the processing can be carried out immediately. The CNC system can flexibly increase or change the function of the CNC system by using the system control software, and can meet the needs of production development.
2. Conducive to the development of higher-level manufacturing system
CNC machine is the basic equipment of machining automation, flexible machining unit (FMC), flexible manufacturing system (FMS) and computer integrated manufacturing system (CIMS) All of them are automatic production systems, which are mainly based on CNC machine, according to different processing requirements and objects, by one or more CNC machines, and with other auxiliary equipment (such as transport trolley, robot, replaceable workbench, three-dimensional warehouse, etc.). The CNC system has communication interface, which is easy to communicate with each other, and realizes the computer management and control of the production process.
3. Economy of CNC machine
The cost of CNC machine is higher than that of ordinary machines, and the processing cost is relatively high. Therefore, not all parts are suitable for machining on CNC machine, it has a certain range of processing application. It is necessary to decide whether the product is suitable for CNC machining according to the production type, structure size and complexity of the product.
The general machine is suitable for single piece and small batch production, and the processing structure is not too complex. Special machine is suitable for large batch of workpiece processing. CNC machine is suitable for batch processing of complex workpiece.
The traditional machining was tedious and had more possibilities for errors. CNC machining came along to ease the burden of having to do everything manually. The CNC assures you of worker safety, reduces the need to employ more operators as the CNC allows multitasking and myriad other advantages.